If I haven't Welcomed you yet.......... WELCOME!!!!
In light of these surprising additions, (Yes, I'm surprised that anyone would really want to hear my ranting....) I am doing a Fun Fact Thursday blog. (its not alliteration.. but I didn't want to wait for Friday.)
1. Most of my memories are tied to scent. (Specific Lotions, Hairsprays, Perfumes, Cleaning Supplies, Foods, Candles... the list can go on forever - they all bring me back to happy/sad/good/bad times - and most directly to the people I share the memories with). Crazy.
2. I hate Winter. My mom once bought me a seasons ski pass, you have to go 12 times before you get your money's worth. It was during this season when I only went 3 times that I realized Winter and I could never be friends.
3. I am not Political. I follow up on current events and I do watch the news. But I'm not affiliated with any party, mostly because on some issues I'm at one end and on other issues I'm at the other. Some people have called me politically ignorant - others have said that I should join a party. But what people should know: I'm very comfortable with where I'm at with my personal beliefs. Neither the democrats or the republicans give me what I'm looking for. Period.
4. I dance while I clean. I turn the music up and shake my booty as I wash dishes, do laundry, clean the bathroom, or vacuum - every single time.... its the only way I'll get the jobs done.
5. Purses are an admitted weakness. I usually have love affairs with purses at the BX - visiting them every so often (sometimes hiding them) - until I have the money to buy them or the guts to whine to Justin about how he can't deny me love.
6. I'm trying to lose weight. My ideal weight/size was 2 years ago when I got married.... that is where I want to be.
7. I can easily pick up and move places. Thats why the military is a good fit for us. I'm not too attached to things or places. It is always hard to leave, but Justin and I have proved we can make things work wherever we go. Certainly there are places at the Top of our list and there are definitely some at the bottom - but overall, we decided that it doesn't matter where we go, because we would never have to do it alone. (Mushy, Mushy - I know, but it is true).
8. A perfect day would include a nap. I love long naps - shades pulled down just slightly to give you a lying-under-the-trees kind of shade, a light breeze coming into the bedroom, a freshly fluffed pillow and a cozy blanket. I know what I'm doing this afternoon!
9. I love the NBA (Oh.... this might be a long season Sunshinemeg - this is her blog and I love it, but she is not a fan of the NBA - no worries, I'm still a faithful reader!) - this is the only sport the hubby and I can watch together. I'm not a fan of football - or really baseball for that matter. So NBA is common ground for us. Usually I'm a Chicago Bulls fan, but this year the Cavaliers have Shaq - so I might be rooting for them - since I'm more than a little bit in love with him.
and Drum Roll please..................
10. I am part of a very large/close/tight knit/nosey/ invasive family that thrives on being in each other's business and giving unsolicited and sometimes unneeded advice. However, I could not imagine being a part of any other family. Even when I feel bombarded by the force known as The Aunts (My Mom and her 4 sisters) I never feel more loved. They encourage, support, and motivate. They open their houses to who ever needs it - which is proven by the fact that a majority of my family has temporarily lived or stayed with The Aunts. And they have the ability to send their love and concern over 10,000 miles - which makes me feel like I don't live in a foreign country.
I hope you enjoyed those. I don't think this will be a weekly thing (considering.. there aren't that many fun facts about me...) but this was fun!