22 May 2010

First Impressions

First Impressions aren't everything.

I had an impression of a person on my Hubby's softball team.
Honestly?
I thought he was a self-involved prick.

I sort of dismissed him and didn't pay any attention to him.
Until, today, when I saw him with his wife and two children. It was amazing -I saw a glimpse into someone's life and I felt like it was a gift.

Is there anyone in your life that you may only know in one context?
Perhaps you haven't grasped all sides of that person.

Lesson Learned:
despite what I think I may know about someone, I probably don't know anything at all.

Happy Weekending!

3 comments:

  1. Been there, done that! First impressions usually stick with us. Not always the best thing I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true. I wish it was harder to make a first impression but unfortunately it's the easiest thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I've also done the reverse, assumed someone was cool before realizing they worked for the dark side.

    ReplyDelete