05 May 2010

Wednesday with Hepburn.

Not too long ago I blogged about some biographies I got from the library. Audrey Hepburn was one of them.

I LOVED that book. And I loved all the quotes that went along with it. She was a very approachable and warm person (so I read.) and was very affectionate. [For the purposes of satisfying my good mood, I'm going to skip over the parts of the cheating and the depression]. Here are a few quotes that Audrey has said that have really stuck with me:


“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" 

*"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him." 
 

Once my life settles down (read SUMMER VACAYYYY!) I am going to try and create some pretty canvas with some of her quotes. Among the 100 other projects I want to start, not including the 50 already started...

Let's play a little game called Good News, Bad News.
(I'm a good-news-first-kind of person.)

Good News: There is only 5 weeks left of working with cranky middle school teenagers.
Bad News: For 2 months I eat cheap ramen noodles because I'm broke.

Good News: My brothers are coming at the end of June (after my brother graduates highschool).
Bad News: I'm going to be even more broke.

Good News: We finally got some sunshine around here! (My threats to the rain dancers were heard! They're scared!)
Bad News: It's not supposed to last through this weekend.


Good News: The Hubby and I are trying to plan a trip back to the states later this year, with all my fabulous students!
Bad News: I won't be buying any new clothes or shoes or purses or decorations, because all our money has to be saved towards this trip.

Well....training for tomorrow has turned into a field trip for some good student!!!! We are visiting the World War II Museum in Tokyo and going to visit the VERY controversial Yasukuni Shrine. Why so controversial? I'm planning a blog post about it when we get back. Can't wait, I wiki-ed it.


So I'm off to work, then out for some sushi.

Happy Wednesday-ing!


* I love this quote in particular because I recently started really LISTENING to the people I'm with. And it is so true, that you can learn more about a person from the way they are talking about others. Try it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the projects!!!! :] He he he! Can't wait for the count down till your summer starts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fitting that I read this blog post while watching Breakfast at Tiffanys! Glad you enjoyed the book and that there is some good news coming up. I'm choosing to completely overlook your bad news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Audrey Hepburn! She's the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So good to hear that you get to have some visitors and go home this year. You must be super pumped.

    ReplyDelete