24 July 2010

Japan Summer. Clothing Swap. Cockroaches.

I feel like I have a lot on my mind and a lot going on, but I can't really discuss any of them on here.
It has really made posting quite difficult, because there isn't much else to talk about.
Forgive me, I'm really trying to keep you interested, I just wish I could go into details about the things that have consumed my life lately. 

But, Something I CAN talk about is the big trip to NY I'm planning for some of my students!
I had no idea that I could coordinate a trip this detailed. They will be hitting Niagara Falls, Boston, NYC, DC, and Little Rock in 14 days! Despite being nervous about getting to do and see everything they want to, this trip is really coming along great! I'm looking forward to spending time with them and having some time after they leave for DC to hang out in the city with some friends and head back upstate to spend time with my family! October is just around the corner and I cannot wait!!!

Another thing that I did, was swap out some of my items for the 30 for 30 challenge. I've was going back and forth about doing this, but I think considering the season changed and it is now the equivalent of what hell might feel like, I don't feel bad about getting rid of the items I did. I think the swap is just what I need to get me through the rest of this challenge and through this Japan humidity.


I'm not really sure what possessed me to put black pants and a jean jacket in the remix. I'm sure it had something to do with the rainy season and the up and down temperatures we had. But, now that the rainy season is over, summer is upon us and it is hot! Some people might call this cheating. But I think it was absolutely necessary. I would not have survived this challenge without the swap. I'm already feeling much better about this!

Outfit nine includes one of my favorite articles of clothing. When I saw this sweater at the store I immediately attracted to it. It was not on sale, but for $20 I thought it was worth the price. It has really great details and the fabric is super breathable and light, good for this wicked heat wave we are in (just in case I haven't complained enough, I seriously HATE this heat!). The only thing, is that I didn't know what to wear it with or how to style it. I threw it in this remix to get some really good use out of it. I can't wait to see what else I can do with it!

Random story-time: When I walk by myself in the dark, I let my mind get the better of me. The worst thing about the Japan Summer, in my opinion, are the fearless cockroaches that come out at night. Last night I had dinner in Tachikawa, about 20 minutes away from base by train. On my way back home, I was jumping and screaming like a toddler every time one was scurrying across my path. I was actually talking to myself, calm down, you are fine, they can't hurt you, they can't fly, yes they are gross, but they are harmless, keep breathing. I ended up running to my apartment building from the gate in sandals, which gave me a blister. When I woke up this morning I cursed the cockroaches for giving me a blister!
True story-time: A friend of mine had one scurry across her foot while she was in the shower. I tell you, they are fearless!

1 comment:

  1. I had a cockroach fall in my bath when I was living in the south side houses and I was pregnant at the time. Yeah imagine the freak out I had when I could get out of the tub and there's a freakin cockroach swimming towards me.

    ReplyDelete