13 July 2010

Twosday (Gloomsday) in Japan

I'm down in the dumps. 
I need a vacation from the vacation I just spent with my brothers. 
I feel exhausted. run down. & grumpy. 

The universe must have felt my mood, because it was gloomy today!
Rainy. Cloudy. Gray. 
Yuck!

I barely managed to pull myself out of bed to write an extraordinarily boring paper on case management.

My day did have a little sunshine in the form of a caramel latte! 
&
The barista brightened my day today by telling me that I looked cute! 
Then proceeded to ask me if I was going anywhere special
and I took a self-examining deep breath and replied, 
"no, nowhere special." 

But, as the Hubby was taking pictures for the 30 for 30 challenge, I realized that I am in fact teaching my Japanese mothers tonight and they will enjoy the fact that I'm not dressed like a 
homeless man down by the river. 
Maybe they will stop recommending to get more sleep and eat more sashimi!
Only Kidding... 
I forgot my sandals!
They are Jessica Simpson, $10!
I am in love with my new orange jacket. 
I scored it at the Mitsui Outlet Park
Where I scared the Eddie Bauer Factory Store employee with my squeals in the dressing room as I fell in love with the jacket. 
This is a $100 jacket that I got for 90% off!! 

I think I heard them laughing as I exited the store... 
I guess it isn't everyday they see an American twirl out of the dressing room 
clutching such a fabulously priced rain jacket.
Did I mention that it is the rainy season in Japan? 
How perfect is that?! 

Any good deals in the states lately?

 If you feel like joining in on Kendi's 30 for 30 just click on the button below!
30 for 30 Banner

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! New follower! I am also a milspouse, my husband is in the USAF. How do you like being stationed in Japan? We are currently in Washington, but I think it is neat to hear about life in other parts of the world. I mean who knows we may end up there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous!!! Love your whole ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the jacket! :] you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete