31 December 2009

Christmas (Numero Dos)

The Hubby and I were truly blessed to have a wonderfully quiet and lazy Christmas holiday.
My Mom sent our presents early, so we had gifts from "Santa" and from each other under the tree.

Christmas day came and went & we loved it.
Then yesterday, 5 days after.. Justin picked up 7 boxes from the post office!
[Yes, 7!!]

It was Christmas alll over again. I loved every minute of it.

I may or may not have gotten misty.
I may or may not have opened the boxes very, very slowly.
I may or may not have stuck my nose in the box to smell my Mom's house.
I may or may not have put on a sweater she handed down to me and nearly cried when it smelled like her.
I may or may not have acted like a child last night.

We loved EVERYTHING!
So, Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
The pictures of my brothers and Mom are already hanging on the wall.
The Pajama's from my cousin were worn to bed last night.
The tea has already been brewed.
The sweaters are already hanging in the closet.
The socks - are amazing!
The CD has already been listened to.
The cookies have been tasted.
The mittens were worn last night in the cold.
The scarf is ah-mazing.
And the jam, was perfect on my toast this morning.

I can't say it enough, but these people (these beautiful people) -didn't have to send us anything.
But let me just say: there is nothing like having gifts from home. Just knowing that we were in your thoughts over the holiday was enough, but it was really special to open hand-picked gifts from everyone.
We loved it all..
But we love you even more!
Distance does NOT stand in the way of the unconditional love I have for my family and friends.
And right now, I truly understand that.

Tonight is New Year's Eve and I couldn't think of a better frame of mind to start the new year with!
Sending all my love and thoughts out to you all as you say goodbye to 2009 and give a warm welcome to the fresh start 2010 brings!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! Very nice of your family to send you tons of goodies! Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete