True Story time:
I spent all day [I mean 7-whole-freakin'-hours] trying to find my keys. I searched to the point of tears. I finally fell onto the Hubby's arms in frustration. What were his comforting words? "This hasn't happened to you in a while... at least a few days right?!" ugh.
Before work I made tea. Put it in my to-go mug. Drove to work. On the way there, I could not, for-the-life-of-me, remember if I turned the stove off. I didn't trust myself, so I drove back home and was 5 minutes late. [I did turn it off] ugh.
Instead of finding my cellphone in my purse, I found my T.V. remote.
When putting away groceries I put my shampoo in the fridge, right next to my italian dressing [a whole week before I found that one].
Made a list of things to do. Made a post-it to remind me to look at the list of things to-do. I lost the post-it, therefore I did not look at the list of things to do, therefore I did not take care of the oh-so-important-thing-called-a-bill. great.
Went to the store, with my grocery list. Still forgot 1/4 of the things that were ON MY LIST
[IN FRONT OF MY E-Y-E-S!!!].
I forget phone numbers.
I forget names.
I forget birthdays.
I forget appointments.
a lot of things...
So now, I've come to learn to work around this quirk.
- I always leave myself 15 extra minutes after I leave the grocery store to run back to get the items I forgot. -
- I give myself 1 hour to look for something before I totally freak out. -
- I have notebooks for everything. Notebooks tend to be easier to find (unless I wrote it one of the small ones...I still don't know why I even buy them) -
- I have beyond-a-healthy amount of post its. Its a sickness. really.
- I basically put out a disclaimer for people I meet. That way they know ahead of time what they are getting themselves in to. I'm really doing you a favor. trust me. -
All I have to say is I'm So-so-so grateful for the friends I have for putting up with this crap. And goodness my poor husband - who despite wanting to rip his hair out - he doesn't. He is the real saviour in all of this, because without him I just might actually lose my mind.
[[BTW: I did eventually find my keys!! It was just before we started pricing out what a new ignition would cost us! Thank Goodness!]]